Corporate & Social Responsibility
Our corporate social responsibilities are divide into three principal areas:
- Making a difference to others
- Making a difference to the world
- Making a difference to ourselves
Making a Difference to Others
Each year, we nominate a charity or charities who will benefit from staff run, fundraising activities. We also look to sponsor sporting engagement in children with a view to positively promoting healthy lifestyles, commitment, discipline and fair play.
In this year so far we have sponsored:
- Breast Cancer UK (nominated charity)
- Sparks (Children’s medical research)
- PACE (Children with cerebral palsy)
- Aylesbury Rugby Football Club minis
Making a Difference to the World
As an engineering consultancy we recognise that environmental benefits to the world can be achieved through careful design and though thoughtful implementation of internal policies that can contribute to local, national and global sustainability initiatives. These include:
- Develop and encourage solutions to improve the environmental performance of every project we work on, by considering practical ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, energy and water consumption, natural resource depletion, waste to landfill and pollution.
- Develop and encourage solutions that provide better spaces for people through consideration of daylight, comfort, glare, internal air quality and connectivity to nature.
- Provide our staff with the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to deliver practical environmental solutions through a strong commitment to training.
- Reduce the environmental impact of our own operations by managing our energy and water consumption, encouraging use of cycling and public transport, recycling waste, implementing an eco-friendly purchasing policy and ensuring our new designs are a practical demonstration of environmental sustainability.
- Implement an ISO14001 Environmental Management system in all offices.
- Report transparently on our environmental and social performance each year and make this freely available as appropriate.
Making a Difference to Ourselves
We also recognise that our people are the bedrock of our business. If they are to deliver an optimum service then we have to invest in them. We aim to:
- Assist in supporting their work-life balance through flexible, agile working.
- Through listening and acting appropriately following performance related dialogue.
- Provide support through various employee assistance programmes.
- Recognise that construction is a stressful industry and do all we reasonably can to support each member of staff in such times.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility policy statement can be found here.