Sea Containers House
Andrew Reid appointed as Commissioning Validation engineer direct to Deerbrook for the construction and fitting out of the new Mondrian Hotel and Olgivy & Mather fit outs.
The project included:
- Extensive refurbishment of the iconic riverfront building and the addition of a new build element. The development provides 250,000ft² of refurbished office space, a 300 key hotel and a 100,000ft² new commercial office block helping reinvigorate this stretch of the South Bank.
- The river walkway, the east and west wings, which face the Thames, remain as offices, while the south wing has been renovated as the hotel, bringing at least part of the building back to its original intended use.
- Replacement of the old boilers and heat transfer equipment with high efficiency hot water and heat recovery systems.
- Installation of low energy air conditioning, and incorporate building controls and 24 hour monitoring/targeting of energy use.
- These improvements help reduce electricity consumption by about 50% and total energy consumption by up to 40%.